Sunday, May 22, 2011

Filling in the After Image

This is one of the visualizations from the website with the competition showed in class. I went back to this website to browse the different types of illusions. I've seen many types before, and one I remember pretty well is the black and white Jesus: http://files.sharenator.com/optical_illusion3a_Optical_illusions-s424x345-13682-580.jpg. You basically stare at the image for 30 seconds and move your eyes directly to a white surface and you'll see Jesus, not in black and white though. Your brain fills in the image once you look away from the black and white image. I always thought that this was neat because you saw a clear image of Jesus every time you blinked for almost 45 seconds after. As I was looking through the website I came across a similar illusion: http://illusioncontest.neuralcorrelate.com/2008/filling-in-the-afterimage-after-the-image/. This is a little different but overall pretty cool. The white image rotates but you see that the brain colors in the image once you stare at the center dot for 15-20 second.

No comments:

Post a Comment