Tuesday, May 24, 2011

3D- Navigation























Hi everyone, a couple of days ago I was wondering how interesting could be if all the navigational aids on board aircrafts (GPS, weather radar, etc.) could represent and display 3d information, recall that today most equipment, do that in 2D. To my surprise I found that Jeppesen and Honeywell-bendix (companies that specialize in aeronautical charting and navigation services, and equipment) launched Garmin and EADS Socata, Garmin G3X and Bendix AV8OR™ Vision 3D. This interesting initiative, I’m sure, will soon be the standard for aircraft navigation, because the new generation of pilots that grew up playing console games in 3D, will be able to adapt to them immediately. Also, this new generation of equipment and pilots will be able to reduce the risks related to misinterpretation and accuracy of information.


I hope you enjoy them as much as I did =)


Marcelo

No comments:

Post a Comment