Monday, May 23, 2011

Disk Inventory X






http://www.derlien.com/

This is a free software that you could download on the link above. To me, it have been one of the most useful softwares I ever had on my machine, since I constantly had to deal with hard drive space. What Disk Inventory X does it scans your hard drive, and it graphically shows what your HD contains. Colors signify that the files come from the same folder, and its size how big it is compared to other files.

With this software, I was able to identify what were some of things that occupied most of my space. From my own personal machine, I found out that a big chunk comes from all of my files from itunes. Other bigger things include games like StarCraft on my machine.

I feel like is really useful and interesting to see what are the things that one's HD is composed of. It definitely helps me prioritize what files need to stay, and which ones I can afford to delete.

1 comment:

  1. This one's especially awesome because you can clean our your hdd without having to go looking. Easy to find which files you don't want that take up a lot of space. A great, very functional, visualization!

    ReplyDelete